NICU Nurses provides care for newborns that require specialized care. Additionally Neonatal ICU Nurses provide care 24 hours a day to their little patients and they offer guidance to parents. NICU Nurses work as a member of a large team of physicians and nurse practitioners.
As a Neonatal ICU RN responsibilities include:
- Closely monitor newborns reporting physicians of progress.
- Assist in developing and implementing a plan of care.
One year of experience as a Neonatal ICU RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.