ICU Registered Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening trauma. Intensive Care Unit RNs must have the ability to make rapid and spot on decisions while keeping composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses responsibilities include:
- Evaluating the progress of the patient.
- Following the correct process if the patient's condition changes.
- Assisting medical staff with procedures.
- Ensuring all equipment is functioning correctly while taking care of patients.
- Administering necessary medication in a fast moving, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an ICU Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.