Intensive Care Unit Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening trauma. Intensive Care Unit Nurses must have the ability to make rapid and spot on decisions while keeping composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the progress of the patient.
- Taking needed steps if the patient's condition changes.
- Assisting medical staff with medical procedures.
- Ensuring all equipment is functioning correctly while caring for the patient.
- Giving necessary medication in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.