A Medical Surgical Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg Registered Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical Nurse can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Med/Surg Registered Nurse your duties include:
- Performing patient admissions and assessments.
- Giving necessary medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Carrying out doctors orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
One year of experience as a Medical Surgical RN within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.