Posted 51 minutes ago
Registered Nurse - PCU Job in Port Charlotte, FL
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
||Port Charlotte, FL
||7:00P - 7:00A
Travel RN- PCU
Start Date: AS
JOB REQUIREMENTSProgressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobProgressive Care Unit (PCU) Registered Nurses care for patients requiring close monitoring and frequent assessment.Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren't unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
Kate is awesome!
My recruiter Michelle Erlich and Gifted Healthcare exceeded my expectations! They took care of things without me even asking, were responsive, and made me feel valued. I highly recommend!
My recruiter is Blake he is awesome. All the staff that email you or call you have your best interest to help you all that they can. Thank you Gifted team job well done!!!
Travel ER Nurse
I have worked for RMRG and Gifted for over 10 years. I trust them to help me advance in my career as a nurse. I recommend Gifted as often as I can.
Wonderful company and people to work for!! Been working with them for almost 10 years and love my jobs! Highly recommend Gifted Healthcare!!