Posted 30 minutes ago
Registered Nurse - Oncol Job in FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
||FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
||7:00A - 7:00P
Holy Cross Hospital Ft. Lau
JOB REQUIREMENTSOncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobOncology (Onc) nurses supervise and provide nursing care to cancer patients.Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
Kate is awesome!
My recruiter Michelle Erlich and Gifted Healthcare exceeded my expectations! They took care of things without me even asking, were responsive, and made me feel valued. I highly recommend!
My recruiter is Blake he is awesome. All the staff that email you or call you have your best interest to help you all that they can. Thank you Gifted team job well done!!!
Travel ER Nurse
I have worked for RMRG and Gifted for over 10 years. I trust them to help me advance in my career as a nurse. I recommend Gifted as often as I can.
Wonderful company and people to work for!! Been working with them for almost 10 years and love my jobs! Highly recommend Gifted Healthcare!!