The OR RN is responsible for aiding surgeons in the operating room. OR RNs will prepare the OR and the patient for the procedure and make sure that all medical equipment is safe and working properly.
Operating Room Nurse responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the health of the patient before, during and after the procedure.
- Anticipate what the surgeons need and provide medical instruments and supplies to them during operations.
- Collecting and tracking any items needed for lab work.
One year of experience as an OR Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.