Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Travel Job
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are responsible for providing all around routine care both in hospitals and private hiring environments. Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) assist both doctors and registered nurses while observing patients’ health and reacting appropriately, taking on the technical tasks of nursing. These nurses act as a positive presence in the lives of those who are ill and offer their expertise to answer questions and heal those in need.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Responsibilities:
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) plan and manage patient care which is specific and detailed toward each individual.
- Act as the eyes and ears of Registered Nurses and Physicians.
- Perform ongoing and accurate assessments of vital signs.
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) administer and monitor patient medications and dressing changes as needed.
- Provide education when needed to each patient and their families regarding procedures and illnesses.
- Often asked to supervise nursing assistants and act as the leader of a group of nurses.
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) are asked to act as a supportive voice for their patient, making sure the patient is being heard and understood in all medical situations.
- Find, address, and provide solutions for any problems a specific patient might have in terms of their care plan.
- Create and update detailed patient charts that are complete and relevant.
- Administer intravenous medication and fluids and care for those intravenous lines in all patients.