Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Registered Nurses care for patients requiring close monitoring and frequent assessment.
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren't unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned