Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Oncology (Onc) nurses supervise and provide nursing care to cancer patients.
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned