Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) Registered Nurse(RN) Travel Job
To work in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, CVICU RNs must be able to prioritize in an ever changing environment of complex clinical situations.
CVICU RN Responsibilities:
- Work closely with doctors and heart specialists to control patient’s blood pressure and to prevent heart failure.
- Assesses a patient’s condition and implements care plan
- Observes and records patient’s vital signs
- The RN Provides education and support to families and patients
- CVICU nurse acts as a patient advocate
- Administers medications
- A CVICU RN acts as a liaison between the doctors and the patients
- Operates cardiovascular equipment like oxygenation machines and balloon pumps
- A CVICU RN Responds to life threatening situations
- A Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RN orders and evaluates diagnostic tests as appropriate, and as directed