Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Registered Nurse in the Intermediate Medical Care Unit, care for patients who need a moderate level of attention. Patients’, in this unit, aren’t as self-sufficient as those in standard in-patient rooms, but they are not as critical as those in the Intensive Care Unit.
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU RN Responsibilities:
- IMCU nurses treat patients who are suffering from serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, electrolyte imbalances, renal failure, liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, sepsis, respiratory distress or multi-system organ failure
- The IMCU RN assess each patient’s needs individually and collects relevant data, such as temperature, blood pressure and pain levels, according to the facility’s prescribed procedure.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of each patient’s status in accordance with the facility’s requirements.
- Perform physician prescribed treatments in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patient’s response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
- Perform other patient interventions described by the patient’s individualized treatment plan.
- Provide individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Prepare equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned