The Operating Room Registered Nurse is responsible for working with surgeons in the OR. OR Nurses will prep the room and the patient for the procedure and make positive that all equipment is clean and working correctly.
Operating Room RN duties include:
- Evaluating the health of the patient before, during and after the operation.
- Anticipate what the surgeons need and provide medical instruments and medical supplies to them during procedures.
- Collecting and labeling any items needed for lab work.
One year of experience as an OR Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.