Posted 12 hours ago
Registered Nurse (RN) / Travel / OR
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Shift: 10 Hour Shifts NOTE: 12 Hour Shifts may be available but guaranteed hours will be based on 36 hrs with that shift.
Currently looking for a Perioperative Nurse in Montana to provide outstanding care to patients before, during and immediately after surgery. The ideal candidate will hold a valid RN nursing license and possess 1-3 years of nursing experience preferably in an operation room setting.
Responsibilities of the Perioperative Nurse
- Help to ensure a sterile environment in the operating room.
- Assess patients before surgery and coordinating patient care.
- Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and alleviate their concerns.
- Gather all supplies needed for the operation.
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized.
- Position and prepare patient on operating table.
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies.
- Provide post op care.
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions.
- Communicate with patients and their families, including educating them about post-op, at-home care.
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned.
Requirements of the Perioperative Nurse
- Valid RN licensure
- 1-3 years of nursing experience preferably in an operation room setting
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
- Outstanding organizational ability
After decades of working in law, it was time for a career change. I accepted a position at MAS Medical Staffing in early 2016 which was, without a doubt, the best decision I've ever made! MAS Medical Staffing is the most dynamic company I've ever worked for - and growing exponentially! My co-workers, as well as supervisors and managers, are genuinely supportive and demonstrate an upbeat, positive energy, and always friendly. I consider them family! The perks of working at MAS Medical Staffing are numerous. What I treasure the most about working for this fast-growing, energetic company is the recognition, acknowledgment and appreciation received from all of my peers. I am most fortunate to be part of the MAS team!!
Strong community. Solid work life balance, very nice team, interesting work and great incentives to help drive the group to goals.
Great place to be! Recruiters care about the employees they are working with, management does a great job listening to employees, and there is always something fun going on! Culture is fun and lively!