Posted 11 hours ago
Registered Nurse(RN) / Travel / Utilization Review
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
District of Columbia
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Currently seeking an experienced Utilization Nurse (RN) for a job opening in District of Columbia. The ideal candidate will possess current, unrestricted RN license in New Hampshire and must have at least 1 year of utilization review experience.
Responsibilities of the Utilization Nurse
- Educate Patients on their insurance policies.
- Help to maximize the cost efficiency of patients’ services.
- Decide the care that is to be given to each patient that is under their care.
- Review the condition of the patient and the doctor's orders and then formulate a treatment plan which is followed by the nurses.
- Carefully review the insurance the patient has and then devise upon a treatment plan.
- Teach the family about the treatment plan and ensure that they follow it at home.
- Perform other nursing duties assigned.
Requirements of the Utilization Nurse
- Current RN License
- Minimum 1 year of Utilization review experience
- Proven skills and experience conducting reviews, and writing appeals, with a track record of successful outcomes
- Knowledge of regulatory reimbursement requirements, chart analysis and data retrieval.
After decades of working in law, it was time for a career change. I accepted a position at MAS Medical Staffing in early 2016 which was, without a doubt, the best decision I've ever made! MAS Medical Staffing is the most dynamic company I've ever worked for - and growing exponentially! My co-workers, as well as supervisors and managers, are genuinely supportive and demonstrate an upbeat, positive energy, and always friendly. I consider them family! The perks of working at MAS Medical Staffing are numerous. What I treasure the most about working for this fast-growing, energetic company is the recognition, acknowledgment and appreciation received from all of my peers. I am most fortunate to be part of the MAS team!!
Strong community. Solid work life balance, very nice team, interesting work and great incentives to help drive the group to goals.
Great place to be! Recruiters care about the employees they are working with, management does a great job listening to employees, and there is always something fun going on! Culture is fun and lively!