Posted 11 hours ago
Registered Nurse / Travel / Oncology
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
Currently seeking an Oncology Nurse for a job opening in the Michigan area. The ideal candidate will possess a valid Registered Nurse license and at least 1 year of oncology experience.
Responsibilities of the Oncology Nurse
- Work with cancer patients, administer chemotherapy and medications as well as monitor their condition.
- Assist physician with exams and procedures.
- Administer medication.
- Perform venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Document all elements of care.
- Communicate all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid level provider.
- Assess patient & family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrate awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
Requirements of the Oncology Nurse
- Valid Registered Nurse License
- Minimum of 1 year of oncology experience
- ONS chemo biotherapy card preferred but not required
- BLS/ALS is required
After decades of working in law, it was time for a career change. I accepted a position at MAS Medical Staffing in early 2016 which was, without a doubt, the best decision I've ever made! MAS Medical Staffing is the most dynamic company I've ever worked for - and growing exponentially! My co-workers, as well as supervisors and managers, are genuinely supportive and demonstrate an upbeat, positive energy, and always friendly. I consider them family! The perks of working at MAS Medical Staffing are numerous. What I treasure the most about working for this fast-growing, energetic company is the recognition, acknowledgment and appreciation received from all of my peers. I am most fortunate to be part of the MAS team!!
Strong community. Solid work life balance, very nice team, interesting work and great incentives to help drive the group to goals.
Great place to be! Recruiters care about the employees they are working with, management does a great job listening to employees, and there is always something fun going on! Culture is fun and lively!