Posted 8 hours ago
Registered Nurse(RN) / Travel / L&D
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
Labor and Delivery Nurse
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Currently looking for a Labor and Delivery Nurse (RN) to fill job openings in the Connecticut area. Interested candidates will hold an active RN license in specified state and possess at least 2 years of L&D experience. This individual will prepare women for birth, coach them through labor and assist doctors.
Responsibilities of the Labor and Delivery Nurses
- Provide support for the mother during labor.
- Monitor the fetal heart rate, and mother’s vital signs.
- Perform diagnostic tests.
- Consult with physicians and other members of the care team.
- Assist with inducing labor.
- Coach the mother during delivery.
- Identify and assist with complications.
- Assist with various procedures, including Cesarean sections.
- Help administer epidurals and medications
- Monitor and perform tests on newborns.
- Provide education and support to mothers and families after delivery.
Requirements of the Labor and Delivery Nurses
- Nursing degree from an accredited nursing program
- Current RN Licensure
- At least 2 years of L&D experience
- BLS required
After decades of working in law, it was time for a career change. I accepted a position at MAS Medical Staffing in early 2016 which was, without a doubt, the best decision I've ever made! MAS Medical Staffing is the most dynamic company I've ever worked for - and growing exponentially! My co-workers, as well as supervisors and managers, are genuinely supportive and demonstrate an upbeat, positive energy, and always friendly. I consider them family! The perks of working at MAS Medical Staffing are numerous. What I treasure the most about working for this fast-growing, energetic company is the recognition, acknowledgment and appreciation received from all of my peers. I am most fortunate to be part of the MAS team!!
Strong community. Solid work life balance, very nice team, interesting work and great incentives to help drive the group to goals.
Great place to be! Recruiters care about the employees they are working with, management does a great job listening to employees, and there is always something fun going on! Culture is fun and lively!