Posted 5 hours ago
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Travel / LTC
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
Geriatric/Long-Term Care Nurse
Currently looking for a Geriatric Nurse for a great opportunity in the New Hampshire area. The ideal candidate will hold a current nursing license and possess 1-2 years of long term care experience. This individual will work with elderly patients with diseases that affect aging adults.
Responsibilities of the Geriatric/Long-Term Care Nurse
- Assist doctors in providing health care and support to elderly patients
- Help to bathe bedridden patients to prevent bedsores
- Understand patient’s medications and administer them to clients as and when due
- Help to conduct regular screenings and routine check-up on patients
- Help to assess the cognitive skills and mental status of their patients
- Observe, understand, and manage peculiar old age health concerns like incontinence, insomnia, loss of strength and appetite, sexual issues as well as mobility challenges
- Help to educate the families and caregivers of their patients on the best ways to care for them and keep them safe
- Assist doctors with medical examinations and administer prescribed treatments
- Help to maintain a chart for their patients in order to have accurate records of patient’s medical history, treatment plan and progress
- Help to perform prescribed tests on their patients, like blood pressure checks, temperature, respiration, pulse and blood sugar.
Requirements of the Geriatric/Long-Term Care Nurse
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Must have current nursing or LPN license
- 1-2 years of long term care experience
- Interest in elderly care
- Must have BLS
- Ability to multitask and have critical thinking skills, which allow them to take initiative when needed
After decades of working in law, it was time for a career change. I accepted a position at MAS Medical Staffing in early 2016 which was, without a doubt, the best decision I've ever made! MAS Medical Staffing is the most dynamic company I've ever worked for - and growing exponentially! My co-workers, as well as supervisors and managers, are genuinely supportive and demonstrate an upbeat, positive energy, and always friendly. I consider them family! The perks of working at MAS Medical Staffing are numerous. What I treasure the most about working for this fast-growing, energetic company is the recognition, acknowledgment and appreciation received from all of my peers. I am most fortunate to be part of the MAS team!!
Strong community. Solid work life balance, very nice team, interesting work and great incentives to help drive the group to goals.
Great place to be! Recruiters care about the employees they are working with, management does a great job listening to employees, and there is always something fun going on! Culture is fun and lively!