I’ve been a nursing recruiter since 2012 and love partnering with nurses to help achieve their professional and personal goals. What I enjoy most about my job is the ability to build meaningful relationships with the nurses I work with and seeing them grow as we continue to work toward their goals, one assignment at a time.
Each traveler I work with is given my personal cell phone, and I pride myself on being available to them 24/7 (that includes weekends and holidays), even if it’s just to say “Hi” or “Aloha!” I believe it is this dedication and the support of my incredible agency that has made me a successful recruiter. I enjoy paying that success forward to the nurses I work with.
As for my hobbies, I'm a family man at the core! Most of my time outside of work is spent with my four children. I enjoy volunteering in different organizations my kids are involved in, from Boy Scouts to soccer and everything in between. When I’m not with my family, I enjoy being active by playing golf or hiking the many mountains available here in New Hampshire!
Core Medical Group
We LOVE our travel nurses and therapists, and we're not afraid to show it!
We have great travel and contract assignments for nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, surgical technicians, and more.
When you join CoreMedical's travel nursing or allied travel family, our recruiting team takes the time to get to know you and learn what's most important to you. That's why our traveling nurses and therapists enjoy the following perks:
- Weekly Pay With Direct Deposit
- Club CoreMed Annual Vacation Incentive - earn points for a trip to the Caribbean each year just for working!
- Travel Reimbursement
- Licensure Assistance and Reimbursement
- Free CEUs - Online and Unlimited through CE Direct
- Tax Free Per Diem for lodging, meals and incidentals (must be traveling away from permanent residence and qualify per the permanent tax residence form)
- Free Private Housing or Complete Relocation Assistancefor those receiving lodging per diem
- Free Medical Testing and Screening - we will arrange and pay for any medical services required for your assignment, such as physical, TB test, titers or vaccinations
- Matching 401K - up to 6%
- Comprehensive Day 1 Insurance Benefits
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Free 50K Life Insurance
- Professional Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability (Voluntary)
- Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI)
- Additional Life and AD&D (Voluntary)
- Long Term Care (Voluntary)
- 529 College Savings Plan (Voluntary)
- Referral Bonuses
From day one Derek has jumped through hoops to make every aspect of my travels amazing for me! He is literally available 24/7 for any concerns, questions or just for support! He checks on me to make sure everything is going well. An amazing people person and truly cares about his recruits! I feel blessed to have such a caring person behind me!
Derek is fantastic and has pulled me out of the fire a couple of times. He's always available when I need him- and when I don't. A fantastic recruiter!!!
Where do I begin? I feel like Derek is more of a friend than a recruiter. He's thoughtful and caring. He often texts me just to say hi and make sure I'm doing well (even when I'm not on contract with him). Recently I had a family emergency and Derek was right there for me. He understood my situation and never put any pressure on me. I don't see myself working with anyone else anytime soon. He's been a blessing to me.